What a creative idea. I have never thought about such a way of making planters. Want to try this – DIY Cement Cloth Planters? It’s pretty easy.
You might also like DIY Wonderful Mosaic Planter Using Old Wheel Rim.
What you will need:
- A bag of cement
- Old cloth
- Take a scoop of cement, add water until you reach the thickness that you prefer. It should be like an onion ring batter. The ration of water and cement is approx. 1:4.
- Soak the cloth in the cement and water mixture
- Drape over the stand that you have and leave it under the sun to dry. Make sure you have covered your work area so you won’t have to scrape off cement afterwards.
- Add drainage holes before it completely dries to avoid cracking.
- Apply cement sealer would be better after it dries. You can use colored sealers as you like.
Click below link for tutorial